Monday, March 26, 2012

Party Party!

This weekend we got our closest friends and family together to celebrate Avery's first birthday! Her actual birthday was back on the 6th, but the closest date we could get for the party was this weekend. I am so thankful for the extra time because I made all of her birthday decorations myself, and I almost hate to admit, I started way back in December. So as you can see, I've been busy!

The invitations

And the party!


The cupcakes toppers are by Martha Stewart from her cute party collection!
I am in complete love over her teeny tiny smash cake!
The mason jars with flags were the center pieces for the tables! Wish I had remembered to get more shots of the party set up, but I was busy chasing around a very curious one year old!
See!
Lots of our cute friends (and cute brother!) getting our party on!
For those close to me, they know all about my search for a wooden high chair, and the lengths I've gone to get one. Luck was on my side and I ended up with this beauty in near perfect condition at the last minute, and spray painted for the party in just the nick of time! Sooooo happy I ended up with it. It definately added to the cuteness of her party!

Big brother Elliott did the honors!

She knew exactly what to do! There was no holding back for this child!

My favorite part of the party was having all the children around Avery, laughing their butts off at this baby making a huge mess of her birthday cake. They seriously thought it was the funniest thing ever!

"Here, Ma! Taste!!"
Now that Avery was nice and messy, it was a perfect time for a family portrait! Avery had other plans, like smash cake into her brother's face like every good sister should!

At this point she was head to toe in cake, so we gave her a sink bath, a fresh change of clothes, and she was ready to get her party back on! Her hair was a hot mess though, thanks to the massive amounts of icing she mashed in there. No amount of washing (without shampoo) could cure it!

Avery loved all the gifts she got! And judging by the amount of clothing she got, she will be one stylish kid for the rest of the summer!!
Walking around, making her rounds... just being the social butterfly really she is!


But, as fast as it came, it went. I finally got a moment to breathe during the party and looked around, and it was over! Having everyone we love and care about there to celebrate with us was just so touching, it's always guarenteed to be an amazing time! Thank you to everyone who came!!

Want to know more about some of the crafts I made for her party? Check out my Avery's First Birthday Pinterest board! I've been saving ideas there since the day she was born!! (Okay, atleast since the day I got a Pinterest account!) I obviously didn't make everything on the board, but you can pick out what I decided to make from there!

Hope you all enjoyed her party as much as I enjoyed sharing it!!

Here's to another year, Miss A!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. This is such an inspiration!! Maren only just turned 6 months, but I'm already thinking about her 1st birthday party. I can't help it, I'm a party person! I don't know if I could come close to this, though. Seriously perfection!!

    ReplyDelete