Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Perfect Day.

Driving home from work today, I had the windows rolled down to let the warm wind blow my hair, country music playing, evening sun bright and warm in my eyes. I glanced in my rearview mirror to see my smiling child in the backseat and I suddenly had the urge for photos.

It came over me so hard that I got home as soon as possible, threw on a quick change of clothes, grabbed the husband and my camera, and went outside.

We took the long way to the playground, walking around the neighborhood just enjoying this absolutely perfect day.
Perfect.

We walked down our street.
Took a breather.
Made a silly face. Or two.
And then I was ready for adventure. 
I picked flowers
for the ones I love.  
  

I made new friends.
Took a dare.
And was just happy to be alive.

With busy schedules and family time scarce, this simple walk around the block and just getting out of the house for a little bit was something our family really needed.
And boy how the time did fly! Before we knew it, the sun had set, and it was time to go home. I was sad to see this perfect day end, but I look forward to what the rest of the week will hold for us.

Perfect perfect day.

3 comments:

  1. looks like you guys had some beautiful family time together. just love all the pictures. I can feel the warmth. Just can't help but love this time of year. Hope you have more beautiful days like this coming your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - super cute kiddo! Looks like you had a beautiful day. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound perfect.
    I am loving the lighter evenings now. It means that when my husband gets home from work we can take our toddler out for a walk or a go on her tricyle before bed. Lovely to spend the quality family time together and it wears her out too!

    ReplyDelete