Monday, April 26, 2010

My Sweet, Not-So-Little Baby.

There is nothing I love more than to watch my little boy sleep.


Aside from the fact that he's not getting into things he's not supposed to be in to,
I can get a glimpse, ever so slightly, of that little baby he used to be.


And even though I miss the tiny being I used to rock, pat, and nurse,
I am loving this little person he is growing up to be.
And even more so, knowing that he's all mine.


The days are flying by all too fast.
I live in the moment, and save these memories
for a day when I look back on them, and wish so badly to kiss his eyes, nose, cheeks, lips when he sleeps his sweet dreams, one last time.


How I hope that day doesn't come for a long, long time.



I find it completely adorable how he passed out in the middle of his second replay of Alvin and the Chipmunks tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I can't help but sneak a smooch as I pass by my sleeping little guy! I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I love watching my little girl sleep. She is just so beautiful and when she sleeps she looks like my little baby again.

    I love these photos you have taken of your son. They are just so natural and looks like he was exhausted. I love it when kids just fall asleep anywhere! I think I am just jealous. I'd love to be able to just have a nap wherever I liked!

    ReplyDelete