Thursday, February 18, 2010

You Capture: Kisses

This is my first You Capture hosted by the ever lovely I Should Be Folding Laundry, so just bare with me!

It's late and the kissing monster is in bed right snoozing it up, so for now I'm going to dig in the photo vault and share something I thought would be perfect for this assignment!

Once upon a time ago, sometime last spring, a little boy ran up to me covered in what I though at a first glance was blood. I was horrified until I took a second look, and laughed so hard I couldn't breathe and did the only think I could think about and grab the camera.


That's right folks. My son experimented with his first tube of lipstick.
No, not just any kind of lipstick, he just had to use the brightest shade of red that I owned, and it just so happened to last ALL DAY. Oh yes.


Let me tell you, we were litterally SCRAPING the red off this child using vasaline and baby oil, and yet he remained red for days. No amount of water and soap would clean it off. I highly recommend Endless Lipsick by L'Oreal in Fired Up.. only, do yourselves a favor and hide it from your kids!
And my carpet. My poor poor carpet..


Fast forward about 9 months later.
This mama had definately learned her lesson.



Only she didn't hide her lipsick hard enough.


At least his applying skills have improved!

Kisses anyone?


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I guess he did it twice to make up for my little man never doing it. Too funny. Maybe he'll be an artist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is BRILLIANT! I hope you let him give you a kiss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...my son and your son are A LOT alike. :) I feel for ya. Definitely keeps us busy, huh? Great shots! Too cute, I mean as long as I don't have to clean it up. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks! Oh there was definately clean up with the first time he did it! Made for a hillarious memory though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! It's moments like this that if you don't pick up the camera you might just cry!!

    ReplyDelete