Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Giving Elliott's baby-hood a makeover.

Once upon a time, before I even knew what a DSLR even WAS, I relied on my trusty Olympus point-and-shoot camera (my first ever camera, mind you) to capture those oh-so-precious moments that I was determined to document and savour for the rest of my life.

Fast forward to a few years later, I look back on these photos and love them still so much as I did the day I took them, but I now look at them in a different light. How do these photos that capture this little baby showing off his bubbling personality that I used to be so proud of, look so lifeless and akward? Truth is, back then I knew nothing about camera tricks of the trade, let alone any editing skills to save my life, and all I cared about was having my camera clicking pratically every second of his beautiful life.

Suddenly it hit me, as if I have been waiting these last 2.5 years for this project to present itself..

I want to restore all of my favorite Elliott photos, and print them out for his baby albums that I have yet to fill.. shhh!!

This idea struck me last month when I was catching up on his age banners, and again tonight when I was fixing up one of my old favorites for my most recent age post.


So my new goal before Elliott graduates college 2011 is to restore these photos!



Now the biggest hurdle, how do I choose between 13,000 PHOTOS?
See! We're not going to talk about how many disks it took to back them all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment