Friday, February 12, 2010

Dusk

Last night I had a dream.

I was chasing after something.

I was driving on a dirt road, in the middle of a feild, possibly summertime, where the tall grass grew,
with a cityline in the horizon, and a camera around my neck.
The burning red, setting sun was in my eyes, and I embraced the warmth.

I was driving, searching.
The setting sun was getting closer to the city line, I was on a race against the clock.

Then I saw it. I just looked up and saw it.
I even back tracked a little so that I was back at that exact spot.

I snapped the photo.

Then I woke up.

I thought about the dream briefly this morning, but quickly went about my day. For a brief second I concidered bringing my camera to work with me, but decided against because of the number of little fingers.
I was busy getting the kids situated in the classroom when I looked up.

Words escaped me, and my heart started to pound.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing.



It was the photo from my dream.


True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment