Saturday, January 23, 2010

Photo Products: Lightscoop

If I had to endorse any product I had recently bought, it would have to be Professer Korbe's Lightscoop. I thought it was worth a try since it was a whole $40, and thought it could be something I might like. Like? More like LOVE. I don't know WHY I haven't came across it before, I would have killed to have this a long time ago.

So what's the big deal, you're wondering? Okay, think back at the last time you took a photo with your flash. You know that nasty look the flash gives photos, the over exposure at times, harsh shadows in the background, and the dreaded red eye? Yeah, with the Lightscoop those are history! What the lightscoop is is a device you slide into your flash's hot shoe, with a mirror directly in front of the flash, and reflects the light back off of the walls and ceiling behind you giving your photo a more natural look.

It's simply amazing.
I don't think I will ever use my camera's flash again unless there is a Lightscoop attached!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed by this light scoop, that I'm totally buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kalli, you really should! I just wish I knew about it years ago!! And now I wish I was getting paid to endorse this product, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you told me about this, I haven't a camera for it but I will make sure my next one can take it. Also, I am totally a follower too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So let me make sure I understand... It is a mirror that reflects back the light from your camera's built in flash? So you would not use it in conjunction with an external flash? This is very perplexing considering that hubby and I's BIG Christmas present from his parents this year (read: only present b/c it was so expensive) was an external flash. It is a very, VERY nice one with a deflector, but its "niceness" is evident in its price. If this lightscoop is so wonderful, I'm sure wishing I could have saved my in-laws hundreds of dollars. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cathie, No you can't use LS with an external, it's only big enough for the camera's built-in, and connects to the hot shoe. ALSO, you can only use in a regular sized room, somewhere close to a wall, and a regular height ceiling to get the bust results. Which also means you can not use it outside (unless you have something to bounce the light back onto the subjects) and I would never think about using this for a wedding or important event.

    I do think this is perfect though for shots around the house of the kids or for shooting babies (I have a post coming up on that later!) the simple things we find ourselves needing a flash for (not a big flash, just regular lighting)

    It's nice to have a fun $40 accessory that you can snap on without the bulkiness of an external, but I would never think twice about returning it. there are more uses for an external flash than there is this accessory.

    If you would like, we could meet up and you can give it a try for yourself to see how you like it, I wouldn't mind!

    ReplyDelete